The Directorate of Government Examinations conducts the Tamil Nadu Board HSC examination. It was formed in 1975. Before this the DPI/DSE was the ex-officio for conducting the Government examination. The issuance of first school leaving certificate was in 1911. From then on wards the Directorate of Government Examination started conducting the exams.
After conducting the SSLC examination for the first time in 1911, the issuance of computerised certificates and mark sheets began in 1972. In 1980 the concept of Higher Secondary Examination with the formulation of Deputy Directorate of Government Examinations at Madhurai and Coimbatore. Like this there were seven regional offices at Tirunelveli, Chennai, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Cuddalore, Vellore.
Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th Syllabus
Any update in Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th Syllabus is done by the Government of Tamil Nadu as since the State Board works under the government of Tamil Nadu. The candidates can download the syllabus by visiting the official website of the Tamil Nadu Board which is dge.tamilnadu.gov.in. The details about the syllabus of Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th are as follows-
- Relations and Functions- Introduction, Relations, Ordered Pair, Cartesian Product
- Numbers and Sequences- Introduction, Arithmetic Progression, Euclid’s Division Algorithm, Euclid’s Division Lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic, Sequences.
- Algebra- Introduction, GCD and LCM of Polynomials, Simultaneous Linear Equations in three
Variables, Rational expressions, Square Root of Polynomials, Quadratic Equations, Quadratic Graphs.
- Geometry- Introduction, Similarity, Thales Theorem, Angle Bisector Theorem, Pythagoras Theorem, Circles and Tangents, Concurrency Theorems.
- Coordinate Geometry- Introduction, Area of Quadrilateral, Area of Triangle, Inclination of a Line, Straight Line.
- Trigonometry- Introduction, Hight and Distances
- Mensuration- Introduction, Surface Area, Volume, Volume and Surface Area of Combined Solids.
- Statics and Probability- Probability and Algebra of Events
- Outbreak of World War I and Its Aftermath- Causes, Course and Result of World War I, Rivalry of Great Powers, Scramble of colonies, League of Nations.
- The World Between Two World Wars- The Great Depression, Anti- Colonial Movement, Decolonisation Process in Asia.
- World War II- Holocaust and its fallout, Causes, Course and Effects of World War II
- The World after World War –II- Non- Aligned Movement
- Nationalism: Gandhian Phase
- Movements in the 19th Century
- Social and Religious Reform
- Early Revolts Against British Rules In Tamil Nadu
- Anti-Colonial Movement
- Birth of Nationalism
- Freedom Struggle in Tamil Nadu
- Social Transformation in Tamil Nadu
- India- Location, Drainage and Relief- Major Physiographic Divisions of India, Location and Extent
- Climate and Natural Vegetation Of India- Distribution of Rainfall, Monsoon, The factors affecting the climate
- India – Agriculture- Major issues faced by farmers in India, Agriculture, Modern irrigation methods, Soils
- India- Resources and Industries- Energy Resources, Types of Minerals
- India-Population,Transport, Communication and Trade- Urbanisation, Population
- Physical Geography of Tamil Nadu- Plains, Plateaus, Drainage, Easter Ghats, Western Ghats, Location and Size, Natural Disasters in Tamil Nadu
- Human Geography of Tamil Nadu- Livestock/Animal Husbandry, Water Resources, Mineral Resources, Industries, Distribution of Major Crops in Tamil Nadu, Geographical Determinants of Agriculture, Agriculture, Distribution of Major Crops in Tamil Nadu, Cropping Seasons in Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Constitution
- Central Government
- State Government
- India’s foreign policy
- India’s International Relations- India and its Neighbours
- Gross Domestic Product and its Growth- Introduction, National Income, Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Economic Growth and Development, Composition of Gross Domestic
- Product (GDP), Composition of different sectors in GDP of India.
- Globalization and Trade- Globalization, Globalisation in India, Impact and changes of Globalisation
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Government and Taxes
- Industrial Clusters in Tamil Nadu- Industrial Clusters, Major Industrial Clusters and Their Specialisation in Tamil Nadu, Policies and Factors that favoured the Industrialisation process in Tamil Nadu.
- Laws of Motion- Force, Motion, Inertia, Types of Inertia, Example of Inertia, Linear Momentum, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Newton’s First Law of Motion, Force, Types of Force, Resultant Force, Newton’s Second Law of Motion, Newton’s Third Law of Motion, Gravitation, Rocket propulsion, Newton’s Universal law of gravitation, Mass and Weight
- Optics- Properties of light, Refraction of Light, Human eye, First Law of Refraction, Refraction of composite Light, Second Law of Refraction, Other Types of Lenses, Lenses, Dispersion of
- Light, Lenses, Images formed due to refraction through a convex and concave lens, Lens Formula, Sign Convention, Human eye, Defects in eye, Applications of a Convex lens, Refraction through a convex lens, Applications of concave lenses, Refraction through a concave lens.
- Thermal Physics- Temperature, Thermal Energy, Absolute scale (Kelvin scale) of temperature, Charles’ Law, Boyle’s Law, Avogadro’s Law, Gases, Real Gases, Ideal Gases, Thermal equilibrium, Characteristic features of heat energy transfer, Other units of Heat energy, Fundamental laws of gases
- Electricity- Electric Current, Definition of Electric Current, unit of Electric current, Electric circuit, Electrical components, Electric potential, Potential difference, Volt, Ohm’s law, Resistance of a material, Unit of Resistance, Electrical resistivity, electrical conductivity,
Conductance, Conductivity, Heating effect of current, Joule’s Law of Heating, Electric power, Unit of electric power, Consumption of electrical energy
- Acoustic- Sound waves, Longitudinal Waves, Categories of Sound waves based on their frequencies, Difference between the sound and light waves, Reflection of sound, Laws of reflection, Reflection at the boundary of a denser medium, Reflection at the boundary of
a rarer medium, Reflection of sound in plane and curved surfaces, Echoes, Conditions necessary for hearing echo, Applications of echo.
- Nuclear Physics- Radioactivity, Discovery of radioactivity, Definition of radioactivity, Natural Radioactivity, Artificial Radioactivity, Induced Radioactivity, Units of Radioactivity, Alpha, beta and gamma rays, Properties of Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, Radioactive displacement law, Alpha decay, Beta decay, Gamma decay, Uses of Radioactivity, Agriculture, Medicine, Industries, Archaeological Research, Safety measures, Permitted range, Preventive Measures
- Atoms and Molecules- Atom and Atomic mass, Relative Atomic mass, Molecule and molecular mass, Classification of molecules, Difference between atoms and molecules, Avogadro hypothesis, Applications of Avogadro’s Law.
- Periodic Classification of Elements- Modern periodic law, Modern periodic table, Features of periods and groups, Properties of metals, Physical properties, Chemical properties, Alloys, Amalgam, Method of making alloys, Types of alloys, Corrosion, Methods of preventing corrosion
- Solutions- Components of solutions, Types of solutions, Based on the physical state of the
solute and the solvent, Based on the type of solvent, Based on the amount of solute, Concentrated and dilute Solutions, Hydrated salts and water of crystallisation, Copper sulphate pentahydrate, Magnesium sulphate heptahydrate, Hygroscopy, Deliquescence
- Types of Chemical Reactions- Types of Chemical reactions, Classification based on the
nature of rearrangements of atoms, Classification based on the direction of reaction, Ionic product of water, pH scale, pH calculations.
- Carbon and its compounds- General characteristics of organic compounds, Classification of organic compounds based on the pattern of carbon chain, Classes of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Characteristics of hydrocarbons, Classification of organic compounds based on functional groups, Homologous series, Characteristics of homologous series, Nomenclature of organic compounds, Why do we need nomenclature?, Components of an IUPAC name,IUPAC rules for naming organic compounds, IUPAC nomenclature of hydrocarbons, IUPAC nomenclature of other classes, Ethanol, Manufacture of ethanol, Physical properties, Chemical properties, Uses of ethanol, Organic compounds in daily life
- Plant Anatomy and Plant Physiology
- Transportation in Plants
- Circulation in Animals
- Plant and Animal Hormone
- Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Origin and Evolution of Life
- Breeding and Biotechnology
- Health and Diseases
- Environmental Management
His First Flight, Empowered Women Navigating the World, The Attic, Tech Bloomers, The Last Lesson.
Life, I am Every Woman, The Secret of the Machines
The Tempest, Zigzag
Modals, Active & Passive Voice, Articles,
Prepositional Phrases, Tenses, Phrases and Clauses, Conjunction, Nominalisation, Pronouns, Reported speech, Subject- Verb Agreements, Non- Finites, Simple, Complex and Compound.
The Tamil Nadu State Board 10th syllabus is available on the official website of Tamil Nadu State Board.
The subjects are such as English, History, Tamil, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Geography , Civics, etc.
The Directorate of Government Examinations conducts the Tamil Nadu Board HSC examination.
The candidates have to score 35% marks per subject.
The Tamil Nadu State Board official website link is HERE.